Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The one with the sad day.


Today was a sad day, after having fun at Gardner Village I got a call that my Grandma Nora had passed away. She is my dad's mom. She was 95 and ready to go but it is still so sad. I have had the privilege of taking care of her once a week since august. Up until the last little while she was very aware of everything going on and still making her classic remarks. I went to see her on saturday and she kept saying to me"come on Em lets get out of here" I'd ask her where she wanted to go and she said "I want an arbys and a coke". I had Ethan run to the vending machine and get her a coke and she drank it!! I loved my Grandma, she was funny, hardworking, a great cook, and a snob. Now I mean that in the nicest way because she had some caregivers coming into her home to help and when I'd come down I'd ask her how her day was and she would say"fine, but those girls just aren't one of us!!" She was hilarious. Ever since I can remember my Grandma had this broom in the corner of her kitchen, she said it was because she was the family witch, and on one of my visits she asked if I would take it home and carry on that tradition, I took it as a compliment. I love you grandma, I know you are happy.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandma...thinking of you :)

Anonymous said...

Grandma Nora was a class act and a sweet bit of a snob but loved and adored by all her truly knew her. I feel so privleged to have spent a little time with her in the last few months. I think of her wrapped in Devere's arms....right where sher would want to be!