Tuesday, June 30, 2009

all for the love of the flag.


i have a small problem when it comes to decorating 
for the 4th of july.
what to do.
and i really feel the need because its one
of my favorite holidays.
its so, you know, americana.
and you know my love for americana.
(if you didn't, you do now.)

so this year i brainstormed
and decided to not spend any money and use what i have.
i came up with this......

i just pulled all the red, white, and blue dishes i have
 and grouped them together.
it works, right?
i just need one more little blue dish.
drats.
maybe the d.i. will pull through for me.
happy july everybody.
i know, i know,
my table is off center with my buffet.
i just noticed.

6 comments:

LL said...

HOW IS IT that you (pregnant with baby #5) go to more effort to decorate for JULY than I do for CHRISTMAS.
MAN, I wish I had your energy level.
It look SO GREAT!!! Love the idea with the colored dishes and the FLAG, perfection.
I do love americana too...love it!

Monica said...

You're too cute! wish I had the eye that you have! We are decorating ourselves this year! (with Old Navy t shirts!)

The Shupe Ohana said...

4th of july is also my favorite holiday!! and my favorite to decorate for. i love everything red white and blue. Your decor is awesome. love it.

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

dang! that is way cute!
And off centered tables are the BEST!

Kristi said...

love it. even better in person. you are so good.


come help me!

Shill and Company said...

I love it! I did diddly squat for decorating for the 4th. I am lame. I love the holiday though. :)