the table was set,
the food was divine,
the family was perfect.
{the place setting}
everyone had these little cards.
one that said the above,
and one that said,
"i'm thankful for sam because...."
and then we hung them up down the middle of the table.
{the kids table}
{mom with gma and gpa great}
"who's ready to eat?!?!"
sam's cake.
he asked for a chocolate cake
with chocolate frosting.
nailed it!
the birthday boy.
i think he had a great day.
we tried to make it special for him.
tonight i am thankful for....
(in no particular order)
*a dishwasher
* a wonderful family
*a hardworking hubby
*the gospel
*amazing friends
*my health, you know at my age....
*my cozy home
*taking down thanksgiving decor
and putting up christmas tomorrow!
*the fact that 9 years ago,
at this very minute,
our surprise #3 baby boy entered this world
and it has never been the same.
i love you sam.
happy happy birthday.
and a happy thanksgiving to you all.
4 comments:
love the Thankful card idea...with them displayed on the table, so cute.
I also LOVE your mom! She is such a beautiful classy lady, please tell her hello for me.
And your grandparents just make me smile, it's fun to see them!
Happy Thanksgiving...now let it be CHRISTMAS!
we didn't get a pict of your family... i'm sorry. but the rest of those picts, i mean, who was your photographer? hehe. it was a wonderful day. thanks for hosting as always. you make everything so meaningful. love ya em.
I can always count on Emily to give me a Pottery Barn moment :) I bet your family adored celebrating Thanksgiving in your chic house! Also, I can't believe my little Sammy is 9! Give him a hug for me.
I love that you used the thankful card idea...I knew you would do a fabulous job!! Looks like Sam had a great Birthday as well!!
Post a Comment