Monday, September 22, 2008

The one where I have a serious problem.....

ok, so here it goes....

there is a lot going on in the world right now.
natural disasters, upcoming elections, etc. etc.

now on to my problem, it hits a little more close to home.

the fall tv line up.

 it is starting this week and i am like a kid in the candy store,
giddy you could say.

the guilt i am feeling is enormous.
 i mean should one feel this way about television?
but this still is not the problem at hand...here goes.

i have DVR recording conflicts. major conflicts.
because i never watch tv in real time
(hello, i wouldn't want to neglect my children)

so what to do, what to give up? 
monday is a disaster because dancing with the stars is 2 hours.
that laps 2 shows that i am not willing to admit that i watch right now.(maybe another post)

and thursday....don't even get me started. ok do.
2 hour survivor? Greys, and the Office all at 8.
I am not willing to give any up. i mean, get real, 
i've survived a writers strike,
a long summer of semi lame tv, big brother? seriously?(ok, maybe a couple of times.)
i can't miss a minute.


what's a tv lov'n girl to do?

oh all bettter, 

my friend just invited me to watch "dancing" at her house and
ethan has informed me that he is recording survivor  
down stairs. whew. close one.

please don't think less of me, blogs are all about being honest, right?



8 comments:

Amanda said...

I am feeling the same way! I know which shows you are hiding. Don't feel bad. We can still feel like we are in high school even if we don't look it! We watch them too!!

Kristi said...

You are suddenly making me very glad that I don't watch tv. Well, not ever. We do record The Office, and old Seinfeld & King of Queens re-runs. I could get addicted to ytycdance, but it would just make me very sad, because I can no longer dance. not at all.

Grey's anatomy looks tempting, with Patrick Dempsey et al. You are a bad influence. But we already knew that.

LL said...

i don't watch tv myself...(other than the office) so I can't relate.
BUT, this sounds like a very serious problem.
I wish you all the best...I'm just battling the DC that's all I can handle right now.

Ellie said...

i love you! by the way what are you friday night? or possibly even friday afternoon? i would love to come watch grey's with you-i'll bring snacks!

Ellie said...

booooo!!!! i see how it is!

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

It's all Gary's fault. I would not have addict issues if he'd let us turn off the cable. He's drawn the line so I'm stuck living with my drug. My current plan of attack is to not try any new ones...at least that was the plan until I watch NCSI this morning and the dang dvr recored 11 mintues of a new show... and now I'm hooked and had to go searching to see if they were running the premiere again. HELP ME!!!

Barnes said...

Glad to hear that we are not the only one with Fall TV line up conflicts...we'll need to get together and watch some of those "girly" shows together...

Kurt and Tami said...

Kurt and I have already decided we're having "Office" parties at our house on Thursday nights at 9:00 in the theater. Be there. One less show for you to DVR.