Thursday, September 3, 2009

a bump in the road.

so i got a piece of disturbing news yesterday.
not really to any of you, just me.
i'm trying really hard not to be a baby about it.
just like yesterday, i tried really hard not to cry about it.
what is it?
because of our insurance,
i can't deliver this baby at the same hospital as my others.
bye, bye LDS....hello Lakeview.
if any of you have delivered there will you
tell me about it, only positive, because there isn't one dang
thing i can do about it.
$250 out of pocket or $4600 out of pocket.
when i told ethan this he said,
"well it sounds to me like you know what you've got to do,
the epidural probably won't be as good either."
what the?
where's the sensitivity?
thanks for sharing,
and don't tell me i'm being a baby.
i might just cry.

5 comments:

sarah baldwin said...

well, i think you know that ethan is right. the other alternative is to birth at home. now there's a reality that might just make lakeview like like heaven! it is rude and unfair and unjust... it seems to me that lessons are being learned with this new little guy and he's not even "popped out" yet. i think you should be focusing on turning him so you don't have another learning experience called a c-section. and not that that's all bad either. new experiences help us grow... we love you up here and can't wait for a shorter drive to come see you!

LL said...

oh friend, I feel your pain!
I had McKay at Lakeview and LOVED it. Then found out I had to have Grant at LDS, I was so so sad. I wanted the quaint little hospital close to home. Lakeview was great, I think you'll like it.
As for the c-section. Stand on your head. Do whatever you have to for him to turn. Just don't have them turn him for you...that scares me. bad.

The Ratchford Family said...

My neighbor had all her babies at Lakeview and loved it. She felt like a superstar there in the small hospital. The nurses we so attentive and googled over the baby. There is something to be said for a small hospital.

Kristi said...

Lacey & Hollie were both Lakeview babies, and I loved it! Lily was LDS, loved that too. No worries, it will be fine!

Kristi said...

Em, go see her cute boy room. You'll appreciate it...

http://weareallfulluponcrazy.blogspot.com/