Thursday, August 26, 2010

question......

what are ya'all doin' for after school snacks?(ooo, southern today)
cause we're day 4 and i'm over it.
"i'm hungry! i'm starving! i need something now!"
ramen noodles.
ravioli.
toast.
chocolate-peanut butter bananas(personal fav)
veggies and dip.
microwave popcorn.
pot pies.
here's the real problem.
they feed their faces and then they're not hungry when dinner rolls around.
oooo, rolls. yum.
i must be hungry.
so how do you handle this at your house.
what are the "go-to's" that you go-to.
help.
hope to hear from ya.
thanks a bunch.


5 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't have kids in school but my kids are always wanting an instant breakfast. I make muffins or waffles or pancakes once a week and freeze them. You could do the same with little mini meals that you could defrost really fast. Good luck.
PS I got those American Girl Dolls for Sophie for Christmas!!!

Rebekah said...

I always had the same problem...I would go to this big effort for dinner and than no one would eat! I think part of the problem is that they eat lunch so early at school and then have to wait so long to eat again...they are starving when they walk through the door...I blame the school (lol)! And as a mother it is your job to feed your child so what do you do? Some days when I had the motherly fortitude I would cut them off at one bowl of cereal or some fruit... I wouldn't let them get full. Then they ate dinner whatever it was because they were starving. Also, it helped when I made home lunch because I found out my girls weren't really eating at school (they hated it). Now that they are homeschooled I can regulate eating...no big long stretches without a snack like at school. good luck!

sarah baldwin said...

portion control.

and i'm still waiting to see why rebekah is in costa rica... any word on how and why? i'm stalking your blog rebekah because i'm JEALOUS!!

sarah baldwin said...

oh, how about a granola bar in their back pack they could eat on their way home.

also, a big drink of water helps sometimes too.

what do i know... it's only been four days of even having a child in school all day.

Kristi said...

um, yeah. My kids usually have a bowl of cereal... we eat dinner fairly late though, so they usually are hungry again. (7ish)

good luck with that. I'm fairly certain it's a no-win. ;)