Friday, October 22, 2010

ok. the birthday post. here it goes.....

prepare for picture overload.

{first, the invite.}
{the table decor.}
ok. i'm so sad.
i didn't get a picture of the food all set up.
we served:
hot dogs, mac n' cheese, fries, churros, cotton candy, caramel pops,
cupcakes, and popcorn!!!
{birthday boy taking it all in.}

{the "take home" goodie table.}
{the entrance...}
...
josh strung up lights and i hung up
all of griffys month by month pictures.
the funnest part.
the photo booth!

after we ate we cleared the way for cake madness!
griffs official bday cake.
made by moi'.
sweet and simple.

he wasn't so sure.
but after some coaxing he dug right in!
to wrap up the night we opened presents.
he was spoiled.
my mom knitted him a sweater and this to die for hat!
it was such a fun night,
but as i look back on these pictures i feel like it doesn't do it justice.
and then i realized what it is...
its the feeling i had last night,
griff and i surrounded by the people we love and that love us.
i love doing a big 1st bday because its a culmination of
a really special year.
thank you to you all.
thank you for the support, the words of encouragement,
the "date nights" with griff, the "not being embarrassed"
of my public nursing and if you were...not telling me,
but most important, thank you for loving my baby.
and me.
the end.

6 comments:

LL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LL said...

I have no words!
The party looks PERFECT. And I love what you said at the end. You're right...the photos can't always capture the feelings we have at moments like that.
I'm glad it turned out to be such a great day.
WHAT A YEAR!!!
here's to another year :)
(i know I said I had no words, I guess I did)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRIFFIN!!!

The Shupes said...

Hailey, oh wait I mean Emily, awesome party!! Love it.

Hydes said...

It was such a WONDERFUL party, you did such a great job on every little detail. Happy Birthday Griffin!!!!

Liza said...

Yo! Yo! J-Lo! You put on quite a show - YOU KNOW!!! Ok, I'm done...but that sure was FUN! (Oh, I didn't even mean to rhyme that last part...it's a gift!) Sorta like your gift for throwing the perfect PART-TAY! Unbelievably cute! Well done.

Kristi said...

Well done, Em. It looks like a perfect celebration for your perfect baby boy. Love it all!