Friday, February 18, 2011

today i have something very sad to share with you.
its disturbing news to say the least.
at first, i didn't want to believe it,
but today, throught the mail, it has been confirmed.
after 13 years.....
my father in law did not
renew my "people magazine" subscription for my birthday.
friday was always a little more special to me because
of my special delivery.
i feel like i've lost a friend.
i had a certain way that i looked at it.
first, just a flip through to look at the pictures,
then the pics and pans,
next the books and movie reviews,
and so on and so on....
leaving the puzzler for last.
i made it last all week.
this may sound trivial to you
but it was the one thing that was all mine.
boo.
every friday for 13 years!
today i walked to the mailbox with no purpose other than to fetch the bills.
no spring in my step.
no song in my heart.
nothing to look forward too.
i'm not sure what i did to deserve this.
but it must have been pretty bad.
boo.
hoo.


4 comments:

LL said...

I do love People!
It's tradition when ever I fly, I grab one at the airport.
Talk to your FIL. This must be fixed.

Shill and Company said...

What on earth did you do to deserve this? Oh my. ;) I am sorry. That's really a bummer. Somebody else better step up to the plate for you real soon!

Anonymous said...

Emily, You know how much your dear father-in-law loves you. I am saddened that you forgot to mention how much he helps you and Josh and your family. You did not do anything wrong, you are a dear daughter-in-law to us.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.