Sunday, November 30, 2008

The one with a quote for sunday...

" I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that had mud on the wheels  from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Smith's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors child. I want to be there with a  little dirt under my fingernails from helping weed someone's  garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know that I was really here and that I really lived!"

Marjorie Pay Hinkley.

7 comments:

LL said...

This is one of my all time favorite quotes...I think about it all the time when I'm not looking my finest :)
Loved that lady!

Maren said...

What a great perspective. Thanks for sharing.

The Shupe Ohana said...

love that quote
i just had to tell you i copied your blog page, i tried all the other ones so that i wouldn't be copying but they just weren't workin out, if this bothers you, let me know, i will fix it.

Emily said...

sus, you are lame! you know me better than that! copy and enjoy!!!!

Kristi said...

me too!

emeryfam said...

Love that quote! I just got back from Mexico and pictures probly won't happen untill after the holidays, I still want them done so I will talk to you at book club next week @ my house. Thanks.

Andrea Wilson said...

Hey this quote is on my blog too. I love it and I hope to aspire to the kind of person she was.