Sunday, January 17, 2010

he's 94, thanks for asking.

these are my grandparents.
anyone who knows me,
knows what an important part they play in my life.
i grew up just down the street from them,
so their house was my house.
still is.
my grandpa celebrated his 94th birthday yesterday.
and the day before that was their 69th wedding anniversary.
they are amazing people.
i love them so much.

my grandpa wrote his personal history
this past year.
my mom and my older sister took it
and added pictures and made a beautiful book.
he really loved it.
my emma.
and if you look down in the corner
you can see libby lov'n on griffy.
(ps. the glasses are just an accessory)
my cute cuz dustin and his super cute wife
and their super cute boys!
i love this picture and i know
i will treasure it forever.
my grandma was holding griffins hand
and admiring his chubs.
i had josh grab the camera and snap a picture.
griffin won't know her like my other kids do
but i want him to know, she loved him just the same.
happy birthday grandpa.

9 comments:

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

Let me try again:
Em, Thanks for letting me have a peek at the party. Somehow between your pictures and your words I always feel like I'm there. I can hear you in my mind and heart. Love Ya!

Kristi said...

love them. :)

Monica said...

Wow! Your grandparents look Great Em!! So glad to see them still enjoying life! They are great people!

Liza said...

The picture of their hands is PRICELESS!!! Happy Birthday to your Grandpa too! WOW!! May we all live such a happy, fulfilled life. What a great post.

Shannon said...

that last picture is so sweet and gave me chills!

The Shupe Ohana said...

got a little tear in my eye on that last picture, so sweet...

Barnes said...

What a treasure...I love those kind of pictures. Like Liza said Priceless.

LL said...

I remember reading this post and not commenting because I couldn't even think of the words...your grandparents are angels on earth. I remember being in AWE of them when I lived there. Love to see them together still smiling. And that picture of the hands....so PERFECT. What a treasure that will be!