Dear January,
i'm pretty sure i had to do this last year.
the problem is you keep coming back for more.
you see the thing is, i'm over you.
i know, i know, its only been a few days.
things should feel new and fresh still.
they don't.
i hate your grey skies.
i don't love your temperature.
the reality is i'm using you.
you are just a bridge to february,
which leads to march which brings promise of spring.
so january, its over.
move on quickly.
don't make this harder than it needs to be.
regards,
emily
8 comments:
i hear ya sista... although learning to ski has made things a bit easier and enjoyable. i say bring on the snow and sunshine to melt it! then get out of here and bring me spring!
I completely agree! I could skip Jan and Feb in Utah. Bring on March! We always seem to have a few beautiful days then.
Amen to that! I can't wait for January to be over with and it's only the 5th.
lol. Great minds... I had a word with january on my blog too.
It will fly by, right???
Copy that.
I'm ready for June :)
BUT, some really nice people have birthdays in January...
I feel the need to stand up for january. It's all about snuggling and appreciating four walls, insulation, blankets, car heaters etc. It makes me want to bake, cook hot yummy dinners and drink lots of hot chocolate. It reminds me how much I love soup, chowders and stews. Ahhh, the clothes...warm comfy sweaters, cute coats, layers, layers and more layers...love 'em! I love you January. I wait all year for you my one month of winter...oh, did I fail to mention I live in GA for all of you thinking I've lost my ever lovin' mind? Now, if I was as creative an awesome as my sister I'd write a note to JULY..make that June-August..I'm so over them even now. It's 17 here tonight...LOVE it!
hey sis, i think you're talk'n 'bout november!
Post a Comment